Unfortunately, Internet Explorer is an outdated browser and we do not currently support it. To have the best browsing experience, please upgrade to Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Safari.Upgrade
This page describes how to utilise your Active Directory Group Policy Management, against Microsoft Edge templates, to deploy the R;pple Browser extension to all PCs in your organisation. Please note this is a general guide and some interpretation may be required for your particular organisation.
On your domain controller, go to the Microsoft Edge Enterprise landing page to download the Microsoft Edge policy templates file (MicrosoftEdgePolicyTemplates.cab), by clicking on "Get Policy Files" and extract the contents to your desired location. Ex: C:\temp
Please select and download the correct files in accordance to your organisations environment and preferences.
2. Browse to the directory in which you saved the downloaded MicrosoftEdgePolicyTemplates.zip file. Extract the contents of the MicrosoftEdgePolicyTemplates.zip file to your desired location. Ex: C:\temp
1. Navigate to the directory in which you extracted the Microsoft Edge Templates zip file and copy the msedge.admx file located within the\windows\admx directory to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions
2. Navigate to the directory in which you extracted the Microsoft Edge Templates zip file and copy the msedge.adml file located within the\windows\admx\en-US directory to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-US
NOTE: If a different language is desired instead of en-US, please navigate to the directory for the correct language of your choosing. Ex: es-ES
1. Open Group Policy Manager on your domain controller and expand out your domain -> Group Policy Objects. If you currently do not have a Group Policy created in which you want to utilise for Edge Policies, proceed to right clicking on Group Policy Objects and create a New Policy.
2. Name the policy something relevant. Ex: “Edge Policy”
3. Once created, right click the new policy and select Edit.
4. Expand out Edge Policy ->Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Microsoft Edge -> Extensions then Right click and Edit the “Control which extensions are installed silently”
If this Policy will apply to Users instead of Computers, the Edge Policies you will be expanding will be located under User Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Microsoft Edge.
5. Tick the Enable button, and then click the Show button.
6. Add the following text and click OK.
7. Click Apply, and then click OK